The welfare of pupils at Ysgol Morgan Llwyd is paramount. In addition to the usual pastoral arrangements, the school has a Pastoral Hub with the following staff based in the room:
- Heads of Year
- Mrs Julie Davies, Education Youth Worker
- Mrs Rhian Jones, Pupil Support Officer
- Miss Hannah Mullock, Pupil Support Assistant
- Mrs Heddus Wyn Blackwell, Assistant Headteacher (Pupil Welfare and Behaviour).
Pupils can access The Hub if they:
- arrive late at school
- feel unwell
- have a uniform / equipment problem
- need to make an appointment to talk to a member of staff about a problem
- have one to one or group support sessions
- need time out for 10 minutes.
During a period of time which is very different for us, uncertainty and a change in routine can cause anxiety and stress. Your children's wellbeing is of paramount importance to us therefore, if you or your child would like to discuss anything which is causing you concern, please feel free to phone 07956351448 for a chat. You can also contact the Head of Year via e mail and Mrs Blackwell and Mrs Rhian Jones from the Pastoral Hub is contacting some pupils. Below are contact details for some agencies which may be useful. Keep safe.
Some useful Contact Numbers and Websites
CEOP (internet safety): www.ceop.police.uk
Frank ( advice on alcohol and drugs misuse): www.talktofrank.com
Mind North East Wales: 01352 974430 / email@example.com
School Nurse: 01978 291129 / 03000859674
Info Shop: 01978 295600
During this period where your child / children are unable to socialise with their friends or family members, interaction through social media is very important and should be encouraged. This interaction, of course, should be carefully monitored. For example, the TikTok website has become hugely popular and young people and adults alike are deriving a great deal of entertainment watching its contents and contributing videos of their own which is helping to ease the stress of lockdown.
However, it should be noted that because anyone is able to view videos uploaded to the site, provided they have an account, according to police sources it is frequently used for grooming purposes and child sexual exploitation therefore use of the site should be carefully monitored in the following ways:
- Monitor with whom your child interacts on the site.
- Monitor who likes and comments on any videos s/he has uploaded ( if the same person likes / comments on all of his/her videos, make sure your child knows them personally otherwise block them ).
- Monitor what your child wears in any uploaded videos.
- Make sure nothing in any video gives away your child's location or school e.g the school personal planner on a desk in the background.